Trove - Geode June 26
Patch notes for the Geode update released June 26, 2018. Adding the world of Geode and the adventures within.
- Rowan has been sending out an SOS, and the Trovians have responded! It's time to go visit that mysterious cube that's been showing up on the Atlas.
- Geode is a whole new world with its own Hub. Explore the caves of Geode, meet new Companions, and gather resources to level Crystallogy.
- To the East of the Trove Hub is the giant SS Solidarity that'll carry any Trovian to Geode - just look for the Geode portal on the ground or climb up the ship. Geode can also be accessed via the Atlas.
- Follow the Geode Expertise Thread to get an explanation of all things Geode. It will start automatically the first time you zone in to Geode. All but the first of these Adventures will grant class experience upon completion along with the various item rewards.
- Daily Bonuses do not apply when you're on the planet Geode, except XP day.
- Sunseeker Spire - the Geode Hub is where all the Geodians from the largest Boulder to the smallest Pebble have gathered to resist the Shadows.
- The Geode Hub consists of four levels:
- The 1st level is where portals to the Geode Caves can be found along with a module forge and module workbench.
- The level is Crafter’s Commons. Around the edges of this level can be found:
- The Crystallogy Center, where Sunseeker Lazul teaches about Crystallogy, an ancient Geodian profession
- The Companion Ranch where Sunseeker Gabbro awaits to assist with hatching or training Companions
- The 3rd level is Sunseeker Square, where the Sunseekers make their home. Around the edges of this level can be found:
- The Reliquary Research Center for all Reliquary-related needs
- The Bomber Royale Blastadium for all Bomber Royale rewards
- The 4th level is Sunseeker Landing - access this area to go back to the Trove Hub. The Blue Transit Portal in Crafter’s Commons will fast travel right there!
- Travel between levels using either the Transit Portals or the airavators (built with the new Anti-gravity blocks).
- Three new repeatable Adventures are available from assistant Pebbles found near Lazul, Th’lan, and Gabbro. These Adventures reward class experience and Lesser Crystal Caches for the first 20 completions per day.
- Sunseeker Spire is protected by a massive energy shield that keeps the Shadows out and the Geodians in. The surface outside the shield is too dangerous for Trovians currently. Once the Trovians are better prepared, they will be able to venture beyond the barrier and into the Geodian wilderness.
- Travel through 3 new environments to gather resources, upgrade new modules, and meet a new set of creatures.
- Geodians are usually pacifists, so aggressive abilities are not allowed in the caves - instead there are Modules to assist in cave journeys.
- The atmosphere of the caves is intense and difficult for Trovian life – no mounts, wings, or allies can be summoned in the caves.
- Up to 14 players can be found in the same cave at a time. Players cannot be invited in to caves.
- All caves have up to 5 tiers. Travel through airlocks in order to reach deeper tiers of the caves.
- Look for signs in the cave that point to lairs – lairs can contain a jackpot of resources, sometimes including a Bronze Companion Egg!
- All caves contain Gleamstone, Builderite, Ancient Gears, Day Drops, Moonlit Moss, and Wallflowers.
- The Moonglow Grotto is a predominantly purple cave that uniquely contains Moonstone, Quirkstone, Lunarium, Dream Dew, Acrobat Bark, and Queen Trumpets.
- The Sunken Sunvault is a predominantly orange cave that uniquely contains Blazine, Sparkzite, Everlight, Sun Sap, Cave Birds, and Fireheart Flowers.
- The Verdant Veins is a predominantly green cave that uniquely contains Geminite, Chronozine, Mightstone, Cave Kelp, Cogwine, and Builder’s Blossoms.
- Watch out for hazards - the caves contain explosive plants, fire flowers which will drain N-charge, and creatures.
- Creatures can be injured, hungry, cold, or overburdened with treasure. Solve their problems to receive crystals or Lesser Crystal Caches!
- Lesser Crystal Caches can contain crystals or (rarely) Crystal Pinatas, Drillbits, or Bronze Companion Eggs.
- Drillbits can be used to craft the Bovine Buildmaster or Rocket Drill mounts.
- Reliquaries are resource caches which can be equipped while exploring the Geode caves to charge them up.
- Reliquaries are charged up by feeding, healing, and comforting creatures in the caves.
- After a Reliquary is fully charged, take it to the Reliquary Cracker in the Geode Hub to open it!
- Reliquaries can have their chances of an uncommon or rare result improved through the use of Lodestars.
- Most Reliquaries will take 6 hours to open, while rare Reliquaries will take 2 hours.
- Accelerite can be applied to speed up Reliquary opening - each Accelerite consumed will reduce the time by 2 hours.
- Additional Reliquary slots can be obtained using Space Expanders.
- Modules are a new type of equipment that will assist progress through the Geode Caves.
- There are 8 modules, and all can be leveled 10 times. Leveled modules are more efficient in even the early cave tiers.
- The Geodian Acclimation System (GAS) controls how long the player can survive in the caves. Upgrading it allows for longer, deeper cave dives. When you're out of GAS, you're out!
- N-Charge powers the other modules - upgrade it to stay stronger longer.
- The Omni-Tool allows the player to harvest Geodian blocks and interact with cave creatures. Upgrade it to mine faster or further.
- The Climbing Claw allows the player to grapple to any location within range or to stun cave creatures. Upgrade it to travel faster or further and stun stronger creatures.
- Rocket Boots allow the player to hover or travel upwards to reach resources that might otherwise be difficult.
- The Thumper makes crystals and ore visible that would otherwise be hidden.
- Barrier Generator protects against fire flowers and other hazards.
- Path Painter allows for marking paths. While staying on a marked path, movement speed is increased.
- Companions are cave creatures who've been raised to assist the player in the caves.
- There are 8 types of companions with 3 different rarity tiers.
- All Companions grant various benefits when taken on journeys in to the Geode Caves.
- Companions can be hatched from Bronze, Silver, or Gold Companion Eggs. Gold Companion Eggs are always a rare result, while Silver Companion Eggs are always an uncommon or rare.
- Companion Eggs can be hatched in the Egg Incubator found in the Geode Hub near Gabbro.
- Bronze Companion Eggs can have their chances of an uncommon or rare result improved through the use of Lodestars.
- Companion Eggs will take some time to hatch - Bronze Companion Eggs will hatch in 10 hours, while Silver and Gold Companion Eggs hatch in 2 hours.
- Accelerite can be applied to speed up Egg hatching - each Accelerite consumed will reduce the time by 2 hours.
- Companions can be trained in the Companion Trainer found next to the Incubator. Training Companions will add new benefits or increase existing ones.
- Any unwanted Companions (you monster) can be sent to find a much better, actually loving home by using the Forever Home Finder near the Egg Incubator.
- Crystallogy is a new profession found in the Geode Hub.
- Gain resources while in the Geode Caves in order to level up this profession and craft all the recipes.
- This profession has recipes for items to assist cave travel in various ways, including assisting cave creatures, tomes for Geodian resources, costumes, and even Space Expanders to add additional reliquary or incubator slots.
- New VFX Blocks can be crafted from this profession. Add a range of vfx to a cornerstone or club world with these blocks.
- New Anti-gravity blocks can also be crafted from this profession. Add an airavator to a cornerstone or club world with these new blocks!
- A new Geode Biome workbench has been added to the Crystallogy Center. Recipe unlockers for the recipes on this workbench can be crafted via Crystallogy.
- Geode has a new type of Mastery.
- Acquiring items from the Geode Caves, leveling Crystallogy, or leveling Modules will all grant Geode Mastery. (These all continue to also grant Trove Mastery.)
- Geode Mastery contains rewards to assist progress through the Geode caves – earn metamatter to level Modules, Eggs to earn new Companions, and Space Expanders to unlock additional reliquary or incubator slots.
- Geode Mastery does not grant stat bonuses.
- A /geodemastery command is available, similar to the existing /mastery command.
- Geode Mastery Points – Tracks total Geode Mastery points. The top 2000 players in this category receive a blue name color weekly.
- Total Mastery Points – Tracks combined Mastery and Geode Mastery points. The top 2000 players in this category receive an orange name color weekly.
- Weekly Companion Eggs Found – Tracks the number of Companion eggs collected on Geode. The top 1000 players in this category receive 10 Crystal Piñatas. Resets weekly.
- Weekly Adventures Completed (Excludes Expertise) – Tracks the number of Geode, Crystallogy, Event, Club, and Outpost Adventures completed. The top 1000 players receive a Golden Chaos Chest. Resets weekly.
- Weekly Bomber Royale Games Won – Tracks wins in Bomber Royale. The top 1000 players receive increasing amounts of Bomb Coins related to their placement on the Leaderboard. Resets weekly.
- Weekly Bomber Royale Kills – Tracks kills in Bomber Royale. The top 1000 players receive increasing amounts of Bomb Coins related to their placement on the Leaderboard. Resets weekly.
- Bomber Royale is a new competitive combat mode that can be accessed via a top level menu item – it’s literally the bomb.
- Up to 20 players can join in a Bomber Royale match, although the match will start 1 minute after 15 players are queued.
- Players will start on a glass platform that deconstructs, eventually dropping them to the actual map.
- Bomber Royale maps are completely destructible and will randomly deconstruct themselves over time. The goal is to be the last player standing - literally!
- Bomber Royale is completely independent of class abilities - every player starts equipped with Rubber Bombs and a Climbing Claw. All players also have the same health and energy amounts.
- Rubber Bombs are a thrown explosive that bounce off the first surface they hit and explode on the second surface. They consume energy when thrown and will damage other players.
- The Climbing Claw is a grappling hook that pulls the player to the target location.
- Several power ups are available across the map:
- Rubber Bomb power ups decrease the energy cost of throwing a Rubber Bomb
- Climbing Claw power ups decrease the cooldown of the Climbing Claw ability
- Health power ups heal the player when triggered - but also slow them down! Only one can be held at a time.
- Lava Bomb power ups change the next 3 Rubber Bombs thrown to Lava Bombs - these will turn the area in to lava, including any water
- Sticky Bomb power ups grant the Sticky Bomb on the first pick up, and reduce the cooldown on subsequent gains. The Sticky Bomb does not bounce - it lands in one spot and explodes 5 seconds later.
- Bomb Jump power up grants the use of the Bomb Jump ability. Bomb Jump gives the player a little escape ability - use it to quickly blast out of the way or knock back an opponent.
- The last 10 players standing will receive the following rewards:
- 3 coins to the last player standing
- 2 coins to the last 2-5 players standing
- 1 coin to the last 6-10 players standing
- The first player to kill an opponent will also receive a coin.
- Coins can be redeemed for rewards at the Bomber Royale Merchant in the Geode Hub.
- To accommodate the new items added in Geode, 2 new inventory tabs have been added.
- A module inventory has been added to hold modules for exploring the Geode caves. Players cannot directly interact with the modules in the inventory – but can upgrade them at the Mining Facility in the Geode Hub.
- The Geode inventory tab contains all the resources collected in Geode, including Companions.
- The Geode inventory tab will have the same amount of unlocked space as the Adventure and Build mode inventory.
- An additional free tab has also been added to the Personal Chest.
- Vengeful Spirits Passive
- 5% of Basic Attack and Bulwark Bash damage is returned to the Revenant as health.
- Vengeful Spirits should now leech the correct amount of health when used in Ultra Shadow Towers.
- Vengeful Spirits now causes the Basic Attack to increase target incoming damage by 5% from all sources. Additional attacks refresh the debuff.
- Spirit Wraith is now 20% larger to help increase visibility.
- Basic Attack
- Now applies a debuff to targets increasing their incoming damage by 5% from all sources. Lasts 5s. Additional attacks refresh the debuff.
- The damage on Basic Attack has been increased by 300% from 1.3 coefficient to 3.9 coefficient.
- Bulwark Bash
- The cooldown on Bulwark Bash has been reduced from 7s to 5s.
- The width of Bulwark Bash has been widened by half a block.
- The distance of Bulwark Bash has been increased by half a block.
- Increased the damage of Bulwark Bash by 25%.
- Spirit Spears
- Spirit Spears has been changed to be a toggled ability.
- Spirit Spears damage no longer scales based on hit points.
- Spirit Spears now uses Physical Damage for calculation and not Max Health.
- Physical Damage coefficient is set to 4.0.
- Spirit Spears now costs 3% health for the initial activation and 5% each tick.
- Spirit Spears now ticks twice as fast as previously.
- The width of Spirit Spears has been widened by half a block.
- The distance of Spirit Spears has been increased by half a block.
- The movement restrictions have been softened from 75% to 50%.
- Revenants are immune to the effects of Knockback while Spirit Spears is active.
- Spirit Storm
- Is no longer a toggled ability.
- Health cost for use reduced from 25% to 20%.
- Spirit Storm now lasts for 5s.
- Spirit Storm now applies a snare to all targets at the end of its 5s duration.
- Spirit Storm now releases spirit blasts twice as fast.
- Spirit Storm will release spirit blasts for 5s.
- The healing from spirit blasts has been reduced from 10% to 5%.
- Spirit Storm now does 400% more damage.
- The radius on Spirit Storm's magnet pull is now 20% larger.
- Revenants are immune to the effects of Knockback while Spirit Storm is active.
- Aegis Assault Empowered Gem
- 5% of Aegis Assault damage is returned to the Revenant as health. The damage-over-time effect does not return health.
- Increased the damage on the Aegis Assault DOT effect by 100%.
- Increased the damage of Aegis Assault by 25%.
- Revenant Sub-class Ability
- Damaging enemies returns a percentage of character max health.
- Tier I - Returns 1% with a 0.25 second cooldown
- Tier II - Returns 1.5% with a 0.25 second cooldown
- Tier III - Returns 2% with a 0.25 second cooldown
- Tier IV - Returns 2.5% with a 0.25 second cooldown
- Tier V - Returns 3% with a 0.25 second cooldown
- Tier VI - Returns 3.5% with a 0.25 second cooldown
- Damaging enemies returns a percentage of character max health.
- New additions to the Store:
- The Geodian Super Pack gives a rocket boost assisted jump on Geodian collections. Contains a Gold Companion Egg (always a rare Companion), 10 Metamatter, 20 Accelerite, 6 Lodestars, 5 +50% Crystal Gathering Potions, 1 Luckiest Reliquary, and 10,000 Credits.
- The Great Geodian Pack has appeared to assist Geodian resource gathering. Contains a tradeable Day Drop Download Legendary tome, 20 Greater Crystal Caches, 15 Crystal Pinatas, 1 Luckiest Reliquary, and 1 +50% Crystal Gathering Potion.
- The Geode Companion Pack 1 contains an Uncommon Howlug Companion, 10 Accelerite, 2 Lodestars, 25 Crystal Pinatas, and 5 Bronze Companion Eggs.
- The Rocket Drill has been added to the Style tab. This flying bulldozer smashes through everything in it's path in Club Worlds (with the appropriate build permissions.)
- The Bovine Buildmaster has been added to the Style tab. This mount has new functionality - while in build mode, it will place a trail of the block type in your active build mode slot in Club Worlds with the appropriate build permissions. Note that the Bovine Buildmaster only drops blocks and plants.
- The Mythical Marksman Gunslinger costume has also been added to the Style tab.
- Crystal Pinatas can be found on the Geode tab and have improved resource drops and a new aura along with a Pinata head, mount, and weapon styles.
- Greater Crystal Caches can be found on the Geode tab and contain Geodian crafting materials, Accelerite, Lodestars, Silver Companion Eggs, tradable mounts, and tradable Space Expanders.
- A 10 pack of Regemerators has been added to the Gems tab of the Store.
- A new Geode tab contains all the Pinatas, Caches, and anything else found on Geode.
- Chaos chests have been moved to the More tab of the Store.
- Four new Dragons have been added to Trove! Carys, Seraph of the Golden Vale, Xendri, the Arc Tempest, Cy and Sanguine, the Twin Plagues and Norari, the Wayward Spear!
- Xendri, the Arc Tempest Egg Fragments can now be purchased from Level 3 of the Travelling Club Merchant with Adventurine. Xendri, the Arc Tempest can be crafted from these Egg Fragments at the Dragon Crucible in the Hub World.
- Xendri, the Arc Tempest can also be obtained with the Golden Dragon Effigy.
- Dragon Egg Fragments for Carys, Seraph of the Golden Vale can be obtained while mining Crystalized Cloud Ore found in the Radiant Ruins and Cursed Skylands worlds. Alternatively, fragments for this dragon may drop from future events. Carys, Seraph of the Golden Vale can be crafted from these Egg Fragments at the Dragon Crucible in the Hub World.
- Carys, Seraph of the Golden Vale can also be obtained with the Golden Dragon Effigy.
- Norari, the Wayward Spear can be obtained by collecting Egg Fragments from Light Chaos Vaults and then crafting the egg at the Dragon Crucible in the Hub.
- Norari, the Wayward Spear can also be obtained with the Golden Dragon Effigy.
- Light Chaos Vaults can now be crafted at the Chaos Core Crafter Workbench.
- The Golden Twin Plague Dragon Egg for Cy and Sanguine, the Twin Plagues can be obtained from the Bomber Royale Merchant.
- Hang on to those Golden Dragon Effigies! The following Ancestral dragons are now Legendary and are obtainable via the Golden Dragon Effigy:
- Aurym, Keeper of Histories
- Blocktron, the Guardian Beyond the Sky
- Fulguras, the Lightning Blade
- Tanbleddyn of the Western Peaks
- To help improve the dragon fragment collection experience and sense of progression, we have increased the drop rates considerably. However, this also means that the amount needed to craft the below list of dragons has also been increased. Any old dragon fragments for the below list of dragons can now be Loot Collected for the new fragments at a ratio of 20 new fragments for 1 old fragment. These changes also apply to Gathering Day (Tuesday) and Dragon Day (Friday).
- Baesmuth, the Shaper's Gift
- Sarsaponia, the Pristine
- Almakhestia, Host of Starfire
- Petallura, Nature's Beckoning
- Miraldis, the Primordial Preserver
- Wyntegra, Galenor's Pride
- Crisopeia, The Crucible of Souls
- Rachnaphon, the Silent Spectator
- Added the Starfire Dragon Fragments to the Friday Dragon Day bonus.
- Moonsilver Dragon Fragments can now be deconstructed in to Despoiled Divinity at a 1:1 ratio.
- Tempest and Blocktron Dragon Fragments can be deconstructed in to 12,000 Adventurine.
- Added new achievements and trophies focused around the new Geode content:
- 6 Steam Achievements
- 6 Xbox Achievements
- 3 PS4 Trophies
- New Fae Wilds lair from Evilagician!
- New Forbidden Spires dungeon from Frokly!
- New Forbidden Spires dungeon from Keyserino95!
- New Forbidden Spires lair from Frokly!
- New Forbidden Spires Lair from Poena!
- New Neon City lair from Pennry!
- New Luminopolis Neon City lair from Frokly!
- Equipment upgrade costs for Resplendent, Shadow, Radiant and Stellar have been reduced! Shaper's Stars are no longer required for any upgrades at the Forge. You can now craft shadow, radiant and stellar souls at the Shadowy Market!
- Shaper's Stars can now be deconstructed into 1 Titan Soul. Shaper's Star Keys can be deconstructed in to 5 Titan Souls.
- The amount of Club Experience required for most Club Levels has been reduced:
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 2 from level 1 has been reduced by 66%
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 3 from level 2 has been reduced by 66%
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 4 from level 3 has been reduced by 66%
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 5 from level 4 has been reduced by 47%
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 6 from level 5 has been reduced by 33%
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 7 from level 6 has been reduced by 33%
- The amount of Club Experience required to reach level 8 from level 7 has been reduced by 24%
- Some server optimizations related to clubs and club worlds.
- The Barbershop UI has been revamped.
- Fixed an issue that could cause duplicate member ranks to be shown in the dropdown in the club roster.
- Fixed an issue that could cause club members to appear online or hidden while they were offline.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crashing if magrail blocks were placed at the maximum world height.
- The Player Name and Club Name displayed above the player's head are now closer together.
- Fixed an issue in the tutorial where the player could get stuck in Adventure Mode.
- Cinnabar Veins in Forbidden Spires now produce more ore.
- Fiery Feathers now deconstruct in to 15 Cinnabar instead of Flux.
- A new tome - Cinnabar Sensibility - is now available to craft on the Runecrafting Bench. This tome grants 40 Cinnabar when filled.
- Adjusted the volume of rain drop sounds.
- Fixed a bug where non-full liquid blocks were fully opaque.
- The Heartbreaker costume now credits CloBunny as its creator.
- Removed mastery from all items granted by the Streamer Dream Box - this includes all allies under Streamer Dream along with the Robo Raptor mount and Balefire Wings. The Balefire Wings have additionally been moved to the Promo category rather than the Rare category.
- Updated the Gloaming Guardian costume to grant 175 Trove Mastery.
- Updated the following costumes to grant 70 Trove Mastery instead of 35 Trove Mastery:
- Platinum Paladin
- Delicacy Dealer
- Bubble Blaster
- Amorous Archer
- Skysunder Sniper
- Hallowed Shadow Hunter
- Cogforge Commander
- Beast Battler
- Expired Explorer
- Heart Eater
- Stone Shaper
- Gleaming Golemancer
- Heralded Harrier
- Mk X Spirit Armor
- Rosy Ravisher
- Hiveoponic Horticulturist
- The Blocktor
- Green Dinotamer
- Snowpeak Sentinel
- Permafrost Plunderer
- Wildflower Warlock
- Red Storm
- Empowered Gems descriptions now include information about cooldowns for their effects.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Vanguardian's Touchdown passive to trigger multiple times.
- Buying a class from the Store will now immediately swap to that class.
- Updated the descriptions for some legendary tomes to reflect only being able to use them once a week.
- Renamed the "Shadow Ranger" costume to the "Anarchy Archer".
- Heart-A-Phones and Club Phones can now only be used at a rate of 3 every 45 seconds.
- Removed the global announcements from the Light Chaos Vault uncommon rewards to reduce chat spam.
- Removed the Shadow Dungeon Tree dungeon from the list of Shadow Tower dungeons.
- Q'bthulhu strikes from unseen angles, and the Sword of Virtue is no more.
- Adjusted Chloromancer flowers' health bars to be above the flower.
- Fixed an issue with the geo on the Tomb Raiser's Resistor Dominator costume.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing blocked players to join clubs.
- Fixed an issue that could let the Dracolyte erroneously appear as a Starter Class.
- The movement speed issue with the Trovian Triple Ace has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where some Chaos Chest chase items were not deconstructing in to the correct materials.
- Plasmium has been added to Chaos Chests.
- Cinnabar Veins now have a rare chance to drop Miner's Troves.
- Pinata Coins can no longer be deconstructed.
- (PS4 and Xbox only) Added client version information to the main menu.
- (Xbox only) Fixed an issue that could prevent the Inventory opening after canceling a trade.
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.
Ends 6 days from now
Ends 2 weeks from now
Ends 6 days from now
Starts 6 days from now
Starts 6 days from now
Starts 1 month from now
Starts 1 month from now
Loading Screen Fan Art
Starts 2 months from now
Starts 3 months from now
Remembrance of Reng
Starts 7 hours from now