Trovesaurus aims to help provide a central hub of information, tools and community for Trove players, modders and artists. It is run by Etaew.
Who created this site, and where do you get your information from?
Etaew created a custom parser to read the .binfab files directly from the Trove client, he owns and codes the entire site.
Can we use your database?
No, not at this time. The database is what makes this site unique.
What site platform do you use?
Aside from some external functionality (text editor, graphs, base styles, Twitter) everything is custom made, we do not use Wordpress etc.
We don't like you!
I'm sorry to hear that, and I don't expect everyone to like me. I am primarily a developer not a community manager and most of my energy goes into writing new functionality for the site. I will always try my best to handle your concerns and learn from my mistakes. Feel free to chat with me on Discord.
I block your ads!
I completely understand that, adverts are a terrible user experience but are necessary to justify spending my free time working on this project. If you do block us, it'd be great if you consider Trovesaurus Gold, which hides adverts for you and supports site development.
Trovesaurus was originally created as a recipe database in September 2014 as Trove DB, it wasn't until December 2014 that Market put forward the name of Trovesaurus.
- March 2014: News, Patches and Dev Tracker appears
- October 2014: First appearance of Styles, Recipes and Items database, as well as Livestreams tool
- December 2014 (1,000 users): Trovesaurus name chosen (thanks Market), Guides and Trove Creations support added.
- January 2015 (5,000 users): Clubs and cornerstones database appears
- February 2015 (10,000 users): Mods database added (thanks Dusty)
- March 2015 (16,000 users): We host our first giveaway and appear on Facebook
- July 2015 (200,000 users): Trove launches on Steam
- April 2015: We publish our first developer interview and appear on Twitter
- July 2015: We add a Server Status tool
- November 2015: We open the Trovesaurus club
- December 2015: The Sageosaurus appears thanks to TeeKayM, we also launch our Discord server
- January 2016: We launch the Gallery section
- July 2016: We lost 10 months of the database at this point, Sadraptor becomes a thing.
- April 2016: We start the Class Art project
- August 2016: We added Trovesaurus Gold as a way for people to support us
- October 2016: Trovesaurus Rewards system added
You can see what we used to look like, and some of our changes through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.
The following people have helped out with the site, and while most of them aren't around anymore I couldn't have done it without you guys.
- Dusty_Mustard with the mods database, creating the original logo and helping to organise our club in-game
- TeeKayMwith item details and creating the Sageosaurus
- Uniquisher with the clubs database
- cantafrond with news
- Jeanolos with the Trove Toolbox mod loader
- Qoaleth with news
- Digiwolf with site tasks, club and Discord organisation
- SkyRider3217 for creating the new series of Sageosaurus icons
- Evilagician for building the new club spawn and our promotions builder
- Bananaboms for creating the Sageosaurus Discord Bot
- The mods and officers of the club and Discord for helping me out
We are happy to be transparent about what information we keep, and what options you have with your account.
Trovesaurus does not sell your personal data or pass it on to third parties.
We do not have mailing lists, and any emails you receive from the site will relate to your site activity.
Site hidden information, only available to the site admin to enable site features:
- Email Address - this is how you log into the site, it is required information
- PayPal Email Address - this is a Gold feature that we set when your PayPal email is different from your login email, this allows Gold time to be processed automatically
- IP Address of your last login - this is not visible to anyone apart from the site admin, and is used to prevent giveaway cheating and ban circumvention.
- IP Address of your previous logins - this is only visible to you and the site admin, it is used to prevent giveaway cheating and ban circumvention. You can view this by visiting the Account Security tab on your profile and can be cleared by logging out.
- IP Address of a giveaway signup - this is only visible to the site admin, and is used to prevent giveaway cheating.
- IP Address of a Sageosaurus code claim - this is only visible to the site admin, and is used to hard restrict the amount of codes a certain address can claim.
Optional information you can enter, you control this:
- Twitter handle, as a button on your profile and to mention in announcement Tweets for Art and Mod creation
- Trove Forum profile, as a button on your profile
- Country (we allow you to enter nothing) displayed on your profile
- Trove Tools - when you link your account to Trovesaurus, we get sent updates with your unique identifier and your Trove start / end status. You can disable this at any time by unlinking your account.
- Adverts are provided by Google.
- Google Analytics
- Account Hibernation is a feature which will replace all references to your account as [Hidden User], your profile will be disabled and any Art you have submitted will be hidden (unless it is entered into a contest). This can be requested by mailing Etaew.
- Account Deletion is a feature which deletes your account on the site, leaving no traces. This option is only available to an account which does not have any additional links such as art uploads, mod uploads, pages created or is subject to bans. You can request this by mailing Etaew.
If you have any concerns about the above information, or have suggestions as to how we can improve our systems to require less personal information, please contact Etaew on the site or Discord.
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.