Leading up to the Crystal Combat update releasing on consoles February 5, we are looking to prepare the site for increased mobile visitors. 1/3 visitors to our site uses their mobile device and so if you visit us regularly this is your chance to help make that experience more pleasant.
- Take a screenshot of a part of the site that look messy, needs to condensed, or is completely unpleasant to use on your mobile phone.
- Upload the screenshot to Imgur or another image hosting site and write a comment on this page with the link to your image, and an explanation to go with it.
Note: You can also take part using a web browser by resizing the width of your browser to the smallest width.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 to Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- If a report that you make contains a screenshot and a description of the problem, and it is the first time mentioned in the comments, and that leads to a change in the site, we'll grant you at least 1 Reward Token.
- The profile navigation and the site navigation are on two separate lines, with a lot of blank space.
- The page content isn't visible at all until you scroll through an entire screen
You must be logged in to add a comment.
There are quite a few nitpick and real problems I find throughout my time using the mobile site.
1) Profile Nav
Icons from Profile nav tab such as Mail, Notifications, Dates are awkwardly spaced taking too much space. Perhaps condensing it side by side instead of on top of each other.
2) News Nav
By click on News Nav Tab, it automatically goes to the general news page of the site. Its gets annoying if I just wanna click on a subcategory in the news nav tab. So I'd say remove the link to that button.
Expanded Text Edit (for comments, descriptions, etc.):
Using the Galaxy 9s phone, I am unable to copy/paste text into the editor. What happens when I try to hold click the editor, it brings up the format/font options and no options allow me to copy/paste.
2) Link and Image Upload
When uploading image, the popup is too long and covers the submit button when using the phone portrait view. The only way to submit is to go landscape and press cancel or ok.
3) Adding a Table/Chart
Doesn't work on mobile, period. It goes away before I can add cells. And this is using the hold click (right click) method that doesn't allow Copy/Pasting.
- Dropdowns from the elements in the navbar open but won't close again.
- This is just nitpicking but some pages are fairly long (relatively speaking!) and clicking on some links on the page will send the user back to the top. Usually this isn't an issue on desktops, but phones have smaller screens and it will require the user to scroll back down, which makes for a poor user experience. The Rewards page is an example, where clicking on the categories in the Rewards Overview box sends the user to the top of the page. Perhaps link to the element on the page instead? (For example, clicking "Ally" in Rewards Overview will load the user just below the Rewards Overview box.)
- Some aesthetic changes like fixing the size of the Trovesaurus logo so it doesn't get pushed down onto a new line. Also, not a mobile fix but the white hamburger icon is bit ugly and a bit confusing since there's two hamburger icons (for different navigation) - maybe replace it with the login icon (when the user isn't logged in) or the user icon (when the player is logged in)?
- The text in the table in the Stats page (and any other page that has a table I'm assuming) overflows off the page.
- Opening the Guides dropdown from the second hamburger menu is funky.
- Don't have a screenshot for this, but some of the links in the second hamburger menu behave weirdly. Clicking them will cause a page to load (instead of the dropdown appearing). This notably occurs when pressing "News", "Guides", "Community" and "Surface".
- The Other Art tab on gallery artwork can be quite long if the user has a lot of artwork. Cap it three, maybe (at least on mobile devices) or use some kind of carousel to display the images?
- The "About" text in the About section on user profiles is too wide.
- Couldn't find an exact example of this but comments that are nested too deep (a reply to a reply to a reply, etc.) will have a small width which could end up making it illegible.
Hey guys I ran through a bunch of random pages and most of it looks very pleasant. Only a couple weird issues I found with the navigation and menu bars.
1. Going to any article page the top menu separates the Spacesaurus logo from the Trovesaurus logo.
2. Clicking on the Navigation menu puts the upcoming reward contests and notifications on separate lines that don't quite line up from left to right.
3. If you go to an "About" page for a user, the T is separated on a new line from the rest of the word About.
For reference I'm using a Galaxy S5 (older phone I know, rip) and these displayed while not logged in. If I can give you any more information please inbox me and I'll reply. Thanks!