Game Changes for Returning Players Guides
Posted July 11, 2016 by SkyRider3217 (PC) and viewed 7,893 times.
We've put together a timeline of major game changes for returning players to help people get re-orientated with the game. It's also nice to highlight the pace of development and just how far the game has come in a short time.
If you think something is missing and it should be here, let us know.
- The Portal Tower in the Hub World has been replaced with the Sun Goddess Statue along with the new Trovian Atlas, easy-to-use overworlds map that grants access to any world.
- Players entering the Shadow Tower via the Atlas spawn into the new Shadow Tower Foyer world.
- New gem stat augment and reroll system at the Gem Forge.
- Subclasses has been added for 15 different class related passive abilities. Each subclass provides a unique passive ability along with a stat boost! The effectiveness of the passive increases based on the active Power Rank of the subclass, while the stat boost improves based on the level of the subclass.
- Shadow Hydrakken shadow titan has appeared in the Shadow Towers. Players can fight this 5x snek wall after defeating the Vengeful Pinata God.
- Darknik Dreadnought Mk II shadow titan has appeared in the Shadow Towers. Players can fight Dr. Darknik's latest mechanical machination after defeating the Shadow Hydrakken.
- Titan and Lunar Souls now drop from Shadow Vaults instead of being directly awarded after defeating a Shadow Titan.
- Many new rewards have been added to the Shadowy Market for Hearts of Darkness, Titan Souls, Lunar Souls, and Despoiled Divinity.
- Elemental worlds now drop Key Fragments and Prime Worlds now drop about 50% more Key Fragments. Patron status doubles such drops.
- Daughter of the Moon has relocated to her new penthouse on the sixth floor of the Shadow Tower.
- Eight new dragons have landed! Recipes for each can be found in the Dragon Crucible, and their egg fragments have been scattered throughout the game.
- Indurion, the Unwavering
- Baesmuth, the Shaper's Gift
- Rachnaphon, the Silent Spectator
- Petallura, Nature's Beckoning
- Miraldis, the Primordial Preserver
- Wyntegra, Galenor's Pride
- Crisopeia, The Crucible of Souls
- Olhukoi, the Moonlit Muse
- Fae Trickster has been re-worked; increased damage potential, Glitterbomb gains stun and removed knockback, Faerocious Facsimile Class Gem temporarily removed for a new class gem.
- Eclipse Pack is now purchasable in the store
- New daily loot rewards upon login. Players will be given a daily loot token that correspons to the month it is given out.
- New crafting bench to spend daily loot tokens for each month, the Radiant Dayspring. Can be crafted at the Novice Crafting Bench.
- Login tokens will be purchasable for credits 2 months after the month the token was given out.
- New packs in the Trove store, the Mega Menagerine pack (Extra Life 2016) and Fast Fortune pack.
- Depth Charge
- All-new objective chain that grants Minerbot Qubesly ally.
- Credit pouches are now automatically consumed when purchased from the player marketplace.
- Credit pouches can now only be listed in the marketplace and not traded in other locations.
- Target Destruction minigame support added.
- Cooldown on dodge is now 1.8 seconds.
- 25 new costumes to the Chaos Core Crafter.
- St. Qubeslick's Day!
- All-new objective chain that grants St. Qubeslick ally.
- Collect Tentacle Slices to craft the Tranquil Tentacle ally.
- Price changes to items in the Store.
- Credit Pouches purchasabe and can be traded in the Marketplace.
- Radiant Soveregins added as a bonus for credit purchases; can be used at the Radiant Merchant to trade for goodies.
- Limited time offers (Flash Deals) available for Credits.
- Packs converted from real money to credit purchases (does not include Essencial and Double Dragon packs).
- Items purchased from store cannot be traded.
- Brazilian/Portuguese is now Live.
- The lower stat value for all minor gems has been increased by 30%!
- Gems no longer can be found with only one stat, instead only spawning with 2 or 3 stats.
- Llama Talisman can drop in Adventure Worlds, used to craft Llamas.
- Corgi, Meownt, Shmeep, and Centaur Tallismans drop instead of mounts; mounts can be loot collected to talismans.
- The Patch with No Name
- Music blocks, Mounts, Mag Riders, Wings, and Ships now work in the metaforge.
- Grants players 100 jump while in the metaforge.
- Valentines Day
- All-new objective chain that grants Amorous Archer costume.
- Heart Eater and Rosy Ravisher craftable in the Chaos Core Crafter.
- Portuguese is now in Beta.
- All-new objective chain that grants Amorous Archer costume.
- Join the Party - Part 3
- Griffon Talisman can drop in Cursed Skylands, used to craft Griffons
- Refer a friend dragon now grants Power Rank and has stats
- Flakbeard dragon can be found in Treasure Isles
- Snowfest / Get Crafty
- Chaos Chests can now drop when adventuring
- Chaos Chests can contain Chaos Cores which can be used at the Chaos Core crafter to unlock classes, costumes and more
- Crafting Materials now go to their own inventory tab
- Racing and Coin Collect minigame support added
- Join the Party Part 2!
- Added craftable Special Effect blocks
- Join the Party!
- Pinata invaders that drop coins
- Thallasion, Shaper of the Currents dragon added
- Mastery rewards no longer apply to alpha and certain promo items
- Loot Collector, Vault Clubs, Steam Workshop
- New appearance Loot Collector including buy back support
- Vault Clubs added
- Steam Workshop support for mods
- Shadow's Eve, Mods, and Dragonite
- Added .tmod format, in-game mod loader
- Dracocolatly Day
- New chocolate dragon can be foundin the Candoria biome
- The Mighty Jungle
- Jurassic Jungle biome added
- Multi-threading support
- Prehistoric Preview
- Dino Tamer class added
- Daily Loot
- Unsocketing gems now cost Cubits instead of Flux
- Daily Loot chests added
- Class Contests for the first few tiers now reward based on Power Rank not rating
- Statistical Tuesday
- New stat leaderboards
- Revenge of Squeakers Edition
- Shadow Tower Normal tuned for solo players
- Collections Edition
- New collections window
- Patron benefits updated
- Class Trial Edition
- You can now try out a class to level 4 before you purchase it
- Beta translations for FR/DE
- Claims & Karma Edition
- Rewards from activities are now sent to a new claims window
- Navigation Edition
- UI Improved
- Mantle of Power Expansion Launch
- Weekly contest leaderboards and rewards
- Mantle of Power
- Increased Max Level to 30
- Added Gems as new equipment for your character
- New elemental types of adventure worlds
- Ultra difficulty added to Shadow Tower
- New Stellar gear level
- Added preview to terraformers
- Ranged attacks deal some AOE damage now
- Leader of the Block Edition
- Added leaderboards
- Monkey Business Edition
- Added Lunar New Year Dragon
- Dragon Souls now crafted from Dragon Coins, souls removed from challenges
- Heart Attack Edition
- Power Rank added
- Defiance Crossover
- Game of Throne Edition
- Added Mimic blocks
- Now broadcasts rare loot you receive
- Alpha supporter names added to the game
- Deathmatch Edition
- Allies appearance can be changed like weapon styles
- Equipment now shows Gear Level
- Added /bow emote
- Added shadow tower loot restrictions
- Starlight Edition
- Starlight Dragon now available
- Multiple Cornerstone Edition
- You can now have multiple cornerstones
- Battle Trophies are dropped by players
- Flower Power Edition
- Added Chloromancer class
- Mastery rewards up to 300
- Added /getbattleboxinfo command
- Added club intra world portals, scaffolding and water blocks
- We created a Trove community Discord channel
- Battleverse Edition
- Added Collector's Pack, Creator's Pack, Radiant Pack and Battle Pack to the Trove Store
- Battle Arena now grants rewards
- You can create your own battle arenas that give rewards, you can use /testarena
- We created a translation tool, to allow creation of language mods
- We sent the devs some Trove T-Shirts
- Snowfest Event
- Snowfest Edition
- Winter Dragon added
- Block Friday Edition
- Surveying tool and new terraformers allow custom arenas to be created
- Added Cursed Vale Terraformer
- Launched a Trovesaurus Club
- Battle Arena Beta Edition
- Added Battle Arenas
- Marketplace listings now expire
- Further improved projectiles
- Raving Revenant Edition
- Added Revenant Class
- Added Raving Revenant Class
- Improved physics on projectiles
- Updated Refer a Friend System
- Bad to the Bone Edition
- Added Bone Dragon
- Can hide collected items on Marketplace searches
- Can now sort by unit price on Marketplace
- Added Trove Builds section
- Glim Life Update
- Added Player Marketplace
- Added Trove of Wonders
- Ladybug Invaders Edition
- Added Shadow's Eve Costume Pack
- Updated Welcome Screen appearance
- Added UI Scale to settings
- Moonwing Rises Edition
- Moonwing Dragon added
- Trade system now uses two step confirmation
- Added Show Player Location to options, shows coordinates
- Rise of the Shadow Tower Edition
- Lunar Lancer class added
- Shadow Tower added
- Ancient Dragon Ascension Edition
- Added Ancient Dragon to Challenges
- Daily Dragon Soul rewarded
- Chaotic Sugar Glider & Strike a Pose Edition
- Added /epicpose command
- Trove Lore Video Released
- Fat Fish & Flashy FX Edition
- Fish now have weights and can show on trophies
- Mouse wheel to rotate objects in build removed, shift and middle mouse now rotates
- Walk in build mode now on ctrl key
- Inventory Expansion and Combat Numbers Edition
- Can now purchase more inventory slots
- Floating combat numbers can now be shown
- Lack of Class Changes Edition
- No longer need to visit Class Changer to change class, use J
- Can add offline friends to friends list
- Incoming friend requests shown at top of friends list
- Grumpntug moves on from Trove
- Neon Dragons Edition
- Neon Dragon added through Adventure World Challenges
- Dancing Allies and Server Capacity Edition
- Allies now dance when you do
- Increased capacity of servers
- Trove Launched on Steam
- Tomb Raiser class released
- Launch Is Coming Update
- Added EU servers for Adventure Worlds
- Click and drag for building blogs
- Mouse wheen rotates blocks
- Dungeon / Lair / Recipes visible on map and compass
- Added right-click to chat messages
- Mastery rewards up to 200
- Support for gamepads
- Deconstructor renamed Loot Collector
- Public Test Server (PTS) Announced and Launched
- Preparing for Launch Edition
- Character sheet new UI
- Escape menu new UI
- Crafting Bench becomes Adventurer's Crafting Bench
- Removed V crafting menu
- ADvanced Forge becomes Enchanted Forge
- We released Trove Toolbox to manage your Trove Mods
- End of Beta Stress Test
- The New Deal Edition
- Inventory has a new UI
- Maps now have icons for biomes
- Radiant Uber Dragons (with Badges) Edition
- Dragons introduced
- Challenges introduced
- Badges introduced
- New Uber 6 worlds
- New rarity Radiant
- Polish Edition
- Appearances now unique for each class
- Added a compass to the top of the screen
- Moving items now defaults to full stacks
- Right click equips and unequips items
- Summer Pin Edition
- Forging uses chests as well as inventory
- Higher rarity equipment deconstructs for more resources
- Forge More, Better Edition
- Forging updated to be progressive instead of random
- Equipment simplified and in regards to forge level and stats
- Monster Bash Update
- New class - Boomeranger
- Flasks split into Vials and Emblems
- Boss monsters added new abilities
- Crafting now uses items in personal chest as well as inventory
- Added /fov command to set FOV
- More Boots More Fun Edition
- /joinworld *clubname* command added
- Welcoming Edition
- Welcome screen added to the game, displays current daily bonus and news
- Added daily bonuses that rotate
- Video settings added: LOD, FOV, Bloom, Depth of Field, SSAO.
- Blitz and Glitz Edition
- Hotbar and star bar UI style updated
- Fish 'N' Ships Update
- Chaos Factor Edition
- Chaos Factor, players at max mastery ranks can gain free chaos chests when logging in.
- Cookiephant Edition
- Players have 2 jump by default
- Added pirate store to hub
- /clearcornerstone added to reset cornerstone, items within it will not be refunded
- Recipe lairs only spawn in U1 adventure worlds and above
- Spring Edition
- New tutorial world added - can access with /tutorial
- Everything Edition
- Hidden face and hidden hat appearances can be selected instead of using a command
- Liked Worlds screen on the menu or Y
- Club logs can be accessed with /club log *clubname*
- Take Flight Update
- New class - Shadow Hunter
- New area - Sky Realms
- New transport - Wings
- New profession - Runecrafting
- Added emotes
- Several character slots are class specific
- Do Not Disturb Edition
- /dnd do not disturb mode
- Neon Nightcycle and Passive Crafting Edition
- Crafting continues even when crafting window closes
- Recipes can be deconstructed for blank scrolls
- Class Coin Edition
- Official trade channel added - Settings -> Social -> Join Trade Chat
- Back to Work Edition
- Recipe dungeons now drop biome specific recipes
- Epic Snow and Ice Edition
- New class - Ice Sage
- Class levels are increased by each two star stat on equipped shadow equipment up to a max of 40.
- Flask Edition
- Flasks customizations on store, change behavior and size of flask.
- Candy Edition
- New class - Candy Barbarian
- New biome - Candoria
- Ring Edition
- Ringcrafting Bench added
- Costume VFX and Great Crafting Station Consolidation Edition
- Biome specific crafted benches and different workbenches consolidated
- Mastery Edition
- Mastery points for unlocking recipes, styles, mounts, pets, mag riders, costumes and leveling up professions and classes.
- Gardening Edition
- New profession - Gardening
- Start of Beta and Ninja Edition
- New class - Neon Ninja
- New biome - Neon City
- Starter packs added to store, unlocks classes, skins, styles and mounts directly
- Style Edition (and the last patch of Alpha!)
- Styles added, adjust the look of equipment
- Styles can be learned by Style Saver - now Deconstructor
- Slow PAX Week Edition
- /getworldid and /joinworld *id* commands
- New Dungeons, Some Lore, and Worldlink Edition
- /joinme *playername* command added
- Added craftable portals to club worlds
- Dracolyte Edition
- New class - Dracolyte
- Club worlds can be renamed
- Mag Rider Edition
- Mag Rider and Mag Rails are craftable
- Dragonfire Peaks and New Inventory Edition
- Dragonfire Peaks biome added
- Inventory have two modes, Adventure and Build
- Drag and drop in inventory added
- Shadow Invasion Edition
- Shadow invasions added, occasionally npcs will fall from the sky
- New Dungeons, Some Alpha Edition
- Support for Clubs
- Say What Edition
- /s or /say to talk to people nearby
- PWN-E and Arena Polish Edition
- Players behind walls appear as outlines
- Shadow Arena, Death, and Tutorial Edition
- Shadow Arena added, 8 player enclosed dungeon
- Tutorial zone added
- Music, Level Up Look, and Elysian Flask Edition
- Music blocks craftable
- Elysian Flask rechargable health potion added
- Pemblock and Recipe Lair Edition
- Added recipe lairs to adventure worlds - later changed to uber worlds only
- Hotbar Lookin' Good Edition
- Hotbar UI redesign
- Automatically move items from inventory other windows with right click, multiple items with Ctrl + right click
- Sporty Edition
- Balls added, items that can be hit and knocked around
- Fae and Folly Dungeon Edition
- New Fae Trickster class
- New Fae Wilds zones
- Character sheet shows abilities
- Terraformation Edition
- Worldspring added, crafts terraformers to expand personal zones
- Dodgy Edition
- Added dodge (middle mouse button)
- Chaos Forge Edition
- Chaos Forge added, it re-rolls stat numbers or stat types
- /renameworld added
- Forging and Flowing Water Edition
- Items can be Deconstructed for resources
- Items can be Forged which increases power
- Eco Spire and Passive Power Edition
- Passive abilities for classes
- Hide Your Hat Edition
- /showhat /showface toggle commands
- Craftable Com Chest, New Hairstyles, No Foolin' Edition
- /timelapse command to take screenshots over a period of time at a fixed location
- Ultimate Ability, Homeworld Heart, Friends List, No Equipment Loss Edition
- Ultimate abilities added to classes
- Homeworld Hearts can be placed in worlds for people to interact with it and give the world props
- Added friends list
- Removed equipment decay
- Hats and face items are now drops
- Removed emblems
- Slippery Ice and First Phase Equipment Edition
- Equipment has core stats and one additional stat, if magic find triggers it gets a second additional stat
- Rainbow Tree Dungeon, Homeworld, Adventure World, and Personal Chest Edition
- Players have a personal homeworld - removed and replaced with club worlds
- Adventure worlds added
- Trading Post, Class Changer, Chest added
- Plants Have Loot Edition
- Plants drop items when destroyed
- More Ore Edition
- Ore veins spawn and can be mined
- Persistent Equipment, Trading, Mining Laser, and Performance Edition
- Equipment and items now save between worlds and patches
- Equipment becomes destroyed over time - removed
- Basic trading system
- Welcome Back Atronos Edition
- Class abilities are unlocked with levels
- Get a Head Edition
- Characters heads can change
- Community Chest and Rare Drop Edition
- Rare drop decorations and trophies added.
- World Map Edition
- Added a world map
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.
Radiant Skyshark Giveaway
Ends 2 days from now
Streamer Dream Giveaway (October)
Ends 1 week from now
Tali Day Challenge
Ends 6 hours from now
Crisopeia Art Challenge
Ends 2 weeks from now
Tomb Raiser (October Class Art Contest)
Ends 2 weeks from now
Maelstrom Monitor Giveaway
Starts 2 days from now
Corrosion Cloak Giveaway
Starts 1 week from now
Arcanium Admiral Giveaway
Starts 2 weeks from now
Community Draws Atronos
Starts 2 weeks from now
Starts 1 month from now
Starts 1 month from now
Trovesaurus 3rd Anniversary
Starts 1 month from now
Starts 4 months from now
Starts 7 months from now