TheSymbols Chat Mod - Customise your chat experience!
Features can be customized!
- My other mods
- Configuration Creator tool
- Manual & Emoji List
- Request Emojis
- Request Club Logo
- Apply for Badge
These are the changes which are in the mod as you download it by default, there are also "customisable changes" which can be found below and in the configuration creator.
- Whisper notification sounds
A sound which plays when you receive a whisper, by default this is the forge upgrade sound.
- Whisper color change
The color of whisper messages is changed to be more readable by default.
The timestamp is what shows the time a message was posted, this is set to 24 hour format by default.
- "Easy reading mode"
This feature is one which will be hit or miss for many people (but don't worry, it's customisable).
Working differently in Trade chat and ST/Ultra chat, this feature is able to (most of the time) figure out what type of message is being sent (example: WTT/WTS/WTB for trade) and colors the entire message after that keyword a certain color.
- Trade chat
WTS and WTB have similar blue shades, which are pretty easily distinguishable at a glance.
WTT is a vastly different color due to the fact that we thought having 3 blue shades might get confusing, this type of trade is also often rarer so this won't show up as often.
Here is where this feature shines. When messages with multiple types of trade in them are recieved, it can change the color halfway through!
This is especially helpful on those long messages listing a lot of items that might change from WTS to WTB halfway through.
- ST/Ultra chat
In shadow tower chat and Ultra chat the color change for "Looking for group" or "Looking for more" messages.
LFM (also works with "X/8" being in the messages) colors the rest of the message in the "Looking for more" color.
LF / LFG / INV / Invite all work for the "Looking for group" color.
- Trade chat
- Symbols (Emojis)
Emojis are in the game! By default they are all turned on. There are 4 categories, these being "basic", "meme", "ST" and "trade".
For a full list of emojis, look at the User guide / Manual.
- Basic emojis
Basic emojis are things you'd expect, like smiley faces, these are available to use globally.
- Meme emojis
Meme emojis include various memes and emotes you might recognise from elsewhere, including some trove specific ones.
These are limited so that they may not be used in ST and Trade chats, to reduce spam & clutter.
- ST/Ultra emojis
In shadow tower chats specifically, there are some emotes which operate within them.
These emojis replace SW, WP, PIN and DOTM (also variations of them) with symbols of each tower taken from the game files.
The emojis also change color to red or purple if "HM", "UM" or variations are mentioned during the message.
(Warning: this won't work with multiple tiers of shadow tower and will just take the highest tier to color all emotes this way).
- Trade emojis
In trade chat specifically there are some emotes which operate within them. These emotes (for now) are symbols for pearls and stars relating to gear.
They replace instances of "5*" or "5 star" with the star emojis.
This is also the case with Pearls, when "1 Pearl" or "1P" through to "8 Pearl" or "8P" is typed in.
All of the Trade emojis are created by SkyRider3217! (Huge thanks to her <3)
- Basic emojis
There are many of you that might want your version of the mod to be slightly different, say, changing a few colors you dislike, removing a group of emojis that you do not wish to see.
Fear not! There are many things about this mod which are customisable by the user via the prefab file, find out more about it on my website's configuration creator
Want to get more emojis in-game? Then head over to the request form!
Huge special thanks to the people that has helped out or come up with suggestions to the mod!
- Comply, ExoDave & Arion4K - For beta testing the chat tab system.
- ExoDave - Huge help with image work for the new tab system.
- SummerHaas - For helping out with coefficient calculator.
- Skyrider3217 - Making Symbols (Emojis) for trade chat.
- Atom & Arion4k - Organizing the suggestions document, suggesting features & bug testing.
- Arion4k - suggesting the Emoji system!
- StormReaper - For telling me about the language configuration idea.
- Altovod - For his CME Mod that i took inspiration from on some features.
- Standa - For reminding me about Global chat colors.
- vizthex - For suggesting 12 Hour time format.
- Fix for configuration creator missing some settings, please regenerate a new binfab file if you have done so recently (last ~2 weeks)
- Added hidden command to disable the April Fools joke :^)
- Search box for emoji list!
- Add pagination to emoji list (solves freezing issue on some computers when opening emoji list).
- Add Sections to emoji list (meme and basic emotes so far, will maybe be used for sets of emotes later).
- Add option to configure amount of emojis to show on each pagination tab (default: 250).
- Add option to show whispers in both a tab and in the "all" section.
- Add option to customize the sound effect of timer/x command (for both tick and go sounds).
- Add option for Mastery & Purple badge to be enabled/disabled (default behaviour changed to disabled).
- Add option for Club Alliance badge to be enabled/disabled (default behaviour is still enabled).
- Add option to disable emoji button in the tab disable command.
- Fix bug where Heart-a-phone heart would show even if emotes were disabled.
- Fix bug where not all settings were reset when doing /tcm reset.
- Update /tcm help with all configuration options.
- Remove 1 club logo.
- Update/Add 25 Club Logos.
- Update/Add 122 Emojis.
- Update/Add 7 player badges.
- Update Club Alliance Members.
- Add Club Alliance Badge for club names.
- Add 41 Club Alliance members.
- Update/Add 19 club logos.
- Update/Add 25 emojis.
- Update/Add 5 player badges.
- Update/Add 68 club logos.
- Update/Add 100 emojis.
- Update/Add 16 player badges.
- Add 34 new emojis.
- Add 15 new club logos.
- Add 1 new Trove modder.
- Add 4 new youtubers.
- Add 3 new streamers.
- Update 8 club logos.
This mod has been included in the following mod packs.
Mario583's Useful Mods You Might Like. 3 years ago
Lasse's Pack 3 years ago
TomNoble Liked Mods 3 years ago
Vitalius' "Make Trove great again" mod picks 3 years ago
Tolerants Favorite TMods 3 years ago
Maxi - Mod Pack: 2 3 years ago
Utility Gameplay Mod Pack 2 years ago
My Pz mod pack! [By:Team Collection] 2 years ago
ZeroX4 Mod Pack 2 years ago
Malfeitor2's Awesome Modpack - *Updated for U10* 1 year ago
Amrith - Magnificent Mods!!! 12 months ago
Yuurei_Panda's MOD 9 months ago
RNG - Essential Pack 4 years ago
MLGRubberDucky's Essential Mods 4 months ago
Doryan38's mod pack 3 months ago
Utility/Low FPS Mod's Pack By Galzaas 3 months ago
Nikstar's Trove Mods 1 month ago
Hydras Fav Mods 1 month ago
MindlessElle's Modpack 2 weeks ago
sata700 isn't able to play trove without these mods 6 days ago
You must be logged in to add a comment.
This mod surely got potential in terms of organizing your chat, but it comes with a few nuisances that make me not want to use it after all. Note that I was using the custom file from configuration creator.
1. There is no option to keep whispers in the 'All' tab and additionally have whispers in their individual own tab, too; even with the setting 'hide tabbed channels' disabled. You can only disable the whisper tabs completelly...
2. There is no way to disable or change the countdown sounds of the timer/x comand.
3. This mod does still add a symbol (heart) in Heart-a-Phone messages, even after 'all' symbols are disabled. You can mute Heart-a-Phones completelly, but leaving them on without symbols is no option.
4. Changing the whisper notification sound is only possible if you know the exact name of a sound...'file'? Actually I did search the whole Trove folder on my PC for the 'Play_ui_forge_use', but I could not find it. So it seems to be hidden somewhere inside another file out of sight. This leaves the only option to leave a blank if you do not like the forge sound played each time someone whispers you. A drop Box in the creator would be awesome. If not possible, then a list of available sounds can work, too.
5. What exactly does the Gold/Purple/Red Override do? And what custom coulors would or would not apply?
6. Minor bug found: After pressing Enter, your cursor goes into the message box, ready to type. Now, if you stay idle for a while and no new messages appear, then the whole chat box fades out as supposed to. But not supposed to: The chat box's scroll bar remains alone, still visible, while the related chat box vanished.
1. I exspecially like the ability to have chat tabs pre-set with the creator's file, so all tabs that you want are already there without any need to summon them via comands.
2. Time stamp and its adjustment are a great way to not get lost even in multiple chats
3. I like the coefficient calculation comand!
Suggestion for improvement:
Allow us to customize Tabs further to display and not display different chats. Example: Have one tab named 'Clubs' and have /c1, /c2, /c3, /c4 and /c5 be there. Current workaround is having a Tab named just 'c' (and hope that there will never be any channel name with a 'c'). In short: an option to make a list of visible chats (and/or whisper) for each tab.
Countdown timer commandを英語ではない言語では正しく動作しないようです。
The Countdown timer command does not seem to work correctly in non-English languages.
I think this is because it responds to the channel name "World".
This thing uses a language whose world chat name is not "World", and it can be confirmed that it works when joining the "World" channel.
This mod already uses language system of Trove, so it seems to be able to fix this.
The StringID of the World Chat channel name needed to fix it is "$Channel_World".
Is there any way to change daylight saving time settings?
There is no daylight savings time in my country, so the time indicated by the chat mod is incorrect.
Just noticed (updated the mod today from an older version) a bug - you can't right/left-click the chat (and nicknames) while the chat is "closed".
So, checking the single private message has went from a simple "hold the "release mouse" button, hover on the tab, click to see, and click again to get back into the channel you were prior to that" to the "open the chat, click the tab, click the previous tab, close the chat" (which requires that you drop either WASD or mouse to press Enter).
The first action cound be done while running, fighting, ect, in split-second. As for the second one - you have to stop (unless you're flying/sailing), and use a keyboard, which adds an inconveniance.
The last version that was free of that bug is 2.0.8.
I'm very tempted to use the mod as I used to, but I'm stuck at that older version atm, because of that bug.
No mod interfering involved - I tested this with a single mod (this one) being active.
Made a vid (first half is the new 2.1.1 version, the second half is the old 2.0.8 one): https://youtu.be/V8OhvqixOaE
Created: October 12, 2016
Updated: 8 hours ago
Originality: Original Work
Trovesaurus Views: 76,645
Steam Workshop Views: 48,282