No, not that kind of T-shirt contest! Every few months we send over a package of T-Shirts to the Trove developers, this month we are encouraging artists to submit images that they would like to see the devs wear.
- Create Trove related fan art that is appropriate to be worn on a tshirt
- Submit to the Trovesaurus Gallery with the tag T-Shirt Contest
- If you want to re-submit older work you have done, please try and make it as suitable for a T-Shirt as you can
- All work must be your own
- Screenshots, builds, and manipulated images from the internet are not permitted
- Please sign your work with your character name or online handle to help identify it as yours and original
- If you contact me in Discord, I can give you a preview of how the T-Shirt will look with an image you send.
- I may need to contact you further if we need to edit the image to appear on a T-Shirt.
- Full dimensions of the square are 2100 x 2100 pixels, but you dont need to use them all!
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017 to Monday, April 24, 2017 *extended
- x winners chosen by the Dev Team will have their T-Shirt design sent to the devs
- 6 winners will be chosen by Trovesaurus to receive 3 Reward Tokens
- 12 entries chosen at random will receive 1 Reward Token
Rewards will be distributed through the Trovesaurus Rewards system. Reward amounts are subject to change based on participation.
Here are some of the previous T-shirts we've sent, and lessons we've learned.
- Make your images transparent when you can
- Always design for black background, it's basically the only option they go for
- Alignment is always awkward
Try to have defined edges to your images, things get weird when they blend into the background.
If you have a solid background, try to prettify the edges so it appears less harsh.
If you have a dark background, you can try to lighten it
Etaew October 16, 2019
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.