Modding 101 Chapter 0: Let's get you into Modding
November 17, 2016 | Evilagician | 10,964
Want to start modding? Great! Start reading these guides to get you started. These guides have been split into several chapters, to guide you through each step. Use this index page to quickly jump to each chapter.
These guides are currently being rewritten by multiple authors, if pieces of previous guides have been used, the original author(s) (if known) is/are mentioned.
If you're interested in installing guides have a look at the following guides:
- Installing mods from Trovesaurus (WIP)
- Installing mods from Steam Workshop
- Installing mods using a modloader (WIP)
The modding community in Trove is meant for those who are creative and love to change or improve existing models, vfx or ui pieces. Lets start with the Trove modding Manifesto
|Additional Do's||Additional Don'ts|
|Mod because you have a great idea for a mount||Mod for credits or fame|
|Ask for feedback||Ignore peoples opinions on your mod|
Your end goal
Create something because you have a great idea and want to share it with the community. Even with lots of downloads and workshop subscriptions it might not end up in-game and thats fine! Embrace the people that are subscribed and love your mod!
- Chapter 1 Preparation
- Chapter 2 File extraction
- Chapter 3 Modding Blueprints Basics
- 3a Modification of blueprints in Troxel (WIP)
- 3b Modification of blueprints in Qubicle (3) (WIP)
- 3c Modification of blueprints in MagicaVoxel (WIP)
- 3d Modification of blueprints in Zoxel (WIP)
- Chapter 4 Modding Vfx (WIP)
- Chapter 5 Modding UI (WIP)
- Chapter 6 Creation of a .tmod
- Chapter 7 Sharing your mods (WIP)
- 7a: Sharing: on Trovesaurus (WIP)
- 7b: Sharing: Steam workshop
- 7c: Sharing: forum post on forums.trovegame.com (WIP)
- Chapter X-1 Trion worlds Acceptance (WIP)
Modding is at the point where it is now because of a lot of effort of the community and the developers. If you spot the following people online give them a /hug for all the work they have done. If you miss someone on this list, let us know!
Milambit, Ignitas, Dusty_Mustard, TeekayM, FriedSushi
The following people were part of the Modding 101 creation, gave input or feedback.
Pendk, The_Mafian, Ainogommon
Page Change Log
- Added chapter 3
- Added index
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.