Tracking developer posts from twitter, reddit and forums.
Here's some info from the Trove team to check out.
Our original plan was to release 3 new Uber regions on the surface of Geode (U8, U9, and U10). This plan hasn't changed. Unless something changes (and I can't rule that out entirely) you'll still see this update released on schedule in December. If we split the PC and console versions it'll likely be around this update, so we'll need to finalize all our plans. Once we have final details we'll share more.
- Revenant: Spirit Spears now has a brief cooldown.
- Fixed a minor exploit affecting the class power rank leaderboard.
- The Chronomantic Emblem's cooldown reduction can no longer be used to bypass the cooldown on using a flask after switching emblems.
- Builder's Chests now commonly award 25 Builderite, and Builder's Vaults now commonly award 25 Ancient Gears and uncommonly award 50 Ancient Gears.
- Mounts that can fly, bulldoze, or shoot lasers should now all grant 100 mastery.
- The Final Offer Spear Style gained for collecting Golden Hoard souls is now visible under Dragon Ascension in Collections.
- The Mastery Pinata Manifesto is now under Mastery rather than Legendary Tomes category in Collections.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur with new chaos chest rewards on the Welcome Screen.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when searching in collections.
- Players can now once again respawn in vault worlds.
- Safeguards have been put in place to stop the accidental deconstructing of items into 100 glim.
- Golden Hoard Dragon Souls can now be deconstructed in to 4 Dragon Coins.
- The Candy Corn Shooter Gun Style previously sold by Luxion is now tradeable.
- The Trade chat channel is now localized properly.
- Removed a bug that had flown into the cave milk.
We're bringing all versions of Trove offline on Tuesday, November 13 at 8AM PST (4PM UTC) for a hotfix. Click here to see the patch notes.
Downtime may last up to 4 hours but if we come online early, or need any additional time, we'll update this post.
Thanks very much!
We’re sorry it’s taken a while to get word out to the community. It was very important to us that any information we shared was completely locked in because we recognize the very valid concerns players will have when a situation like this arises.
The folks at gamigo are working very hard to make sure our team has the resources we need to move forward with ongoing development. This whole process has moved very quickly but there is still more work to do. Geode phase 2 is being finalized and we hope to have info on when that will release and what it will contain in the near future. We wanted to specifically call out that Uber 10 and the new surface biome on Geode are core components of the update.
Adjusting to a smaller dev team will give us the opportunity to create a more agile development structure. By moving away from massive, monolithic plans for each major update we can empower our designers and engineers to team up on features that excite them and then bring those features to the game more quickly.
A key part of this agile development structure will be to decouple the PC and console versions of Trove. We have the ability to quickly roll out features and fixes on the PC then put these updates together for the consoles separately. Console players will still receive all the PC content it’ll just be on different timelines.
We know you’re all anxious to hear more specifics about future content. Our immediate focus is to deliver Geode Phase 2 this year and will have more info to share on future updates after we’ve rolled out this important update.
Thanks for reading,
-The Trove Team
The game is up and running. Can you provide any additional details? Anything worth mentioning about the last time you were in game? Were you in a specific club world or doing a specific adventure? Did you crash or logout normally? If you change your region on the Glyph client can you login to the servers for the other region?
Generally speaking anything that appears in a blog should get an announcement here and on socials. It may not always happen, but that's definitely my goal.
This week, during our dev livestream, we'll talk about the ongoing Shadow's Eve event, Luxion's latest loot, visit your club worlds, and do lots of giveaways! We hope to see you there!
Start Time: Friday, November 2 at 12:30 PM PDT / 19:30 UTC
Duration: 45 minutes
Twitch Channel (to take part in giveaways): http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
If you play Trove on a console, and want to be able to unlock giveaway prizes in game, be sure to link your console to a Trion Worlds account. Linking your account will also unlock the adorable Cotton Candy ally for either Xbox One or PS4!
Winners of giveaways will be notified via Twitch whisper at the end of the livestream day, or on Monday at the latest.
We'll see you there!