This time on Artist Spotlight we chat with MrWhoever has been an Artist on Trovesaurus for several years, producing a large number of high quality pieces.
MrWhoever was nominated for this interview by Ainogommon.
- What can you tell us about yourself?
- Where does your name come from?
- How did you learn about Trove and why did you start playing?
- What's your favourite part of Trove? What keeps you coming back?
- How did you get started creating art for Trove and why?
- Have you produced art for any other games?
- What motivate you to continue creating art for Trove?
- Which other Artists on Trove inspire you?
- How did it feel when your first art was shared on a livestream or highlighted in a contest?
- What is your design and creation process?
- What tools do you use to create art?
- What is the most challenging thing about creating art?
- What advice would you give to new artists starting out?
I'm MrWhoever , Male, currently 18 yrs old , came from Indonesia . Been an artist at Trovesaurus for around 2 years . Still not doing college but I work as a freelancer artist
Back in the day , I love being a mysterious guy that people barely being recognized by people. Then it comes to a question "Who is this dude?" . I act like ignroring the question , and leave me as a "Who" , then "Whoever" I am . and comes MrWhoever
It was back when my bros and I are in love with sandbox game. back then we were doing Minecraft . then My Bros found a game that contain sandbox but it also MMOrpg . and Trove it is we play.
Mostly, it was the great community that happen to change my life, they are a good people and I love them. But if it comes to in-game , it was their many collectibles that I can aqcuaire.
"Oh look, an art contest, let's see what I'll get if I can win." basically to get some reward token to redeem and get some packs :p
Rarely. mostly only turn into doodles.
To create a better art I must practice lot. As Im making lot of art , I serve the Trove Community by creating art for them. And again because I love them
BlackieMaiden/KawaiiCaretaker, I love the color and contrast on their art.
I never watch livestream because my timezone so i don't know if my art been shared yet . but I was happy and relieved when I participate on my first contest because my effort that goes to my art doesnt come to a vain
Decide what character to draw , decide pose and compostition , sketching , rough drawing , cleaning/lineart , color and shading , BG (if there's one) , and finishing (fx and such)
Having an Artblock , Losing inspiration , that can led to unfinished art.
No matter how your art turn out , Appreciate them , and most importantly DONT diss them . You create your art with your effort and you must love them .