Community Designed Hub Contest
March 22, 2018 | Evilagician | 1,925
Our hub, the central area of any Trove world has provided us with pinata parties and more. Following our Golden Sands Contest last year, we're now targeting the hub.
Time to test the creativity of your voxelhood. This is your chance to draw up the hub how you would like to see it. Create a hub you would like to discover, a place to relax and a place worth defending!
Pre-disclaimer: This is a community contest, not a "The Winners hub will be the new hub"-thing.
To give you a quicker start, we've provided templates in a dropbox folder. The hub is divided into 9 separate .qb files, which assembled, form the complete hub thanks to a pre-socketed base file.
- nine .qb pieces
- one blueprint of the hubs base (no need to adapt)
- one .dungeon file (no need to adapt)
- The hub is made out of a dungeon segment 125x125x125.
- The main base contains the walls leaving a total of nine 41x41 segments.
- Each section has 25 voxels below the grass and 59 voxels above the grass level.
Create a hub fitting for Trove, worth defending and nice to visit.
- Start by downloading the provided qb files from the drop box link above.
- After editing your pieces in your preferred voxel editor export the .qb files and convert them to blueprints.
- Make sure to drag the correct ones into metaforge (one by one).
- Each piece needs a plug corresponding to the right position when looking at below scheme.
- Don't forget to type "/save" after placing the required plug in a blueprint.
After you've plugged all pieces, dragging the supplied .dungeon file in metaforge will assemble a complete hub. Here you can take screenshots and add them to an imgur album.
You can place any fitting decoration you want. Visit the Deco Database find your desired decorations and /wadd them in. Examples:
1000 of Barrel = /wadd placeable/deco/barrel_01