PTS Patch Notes News
Posted June 30, 2017 by Etaew (PC) and viewed 4,236 times.
PTS is planned to be up this long weekend, due to be shut down Wednesday morning. Test the new Trovian Atlas and Sub Classes.
- The Portal Tower in the Hub World has been replaced with the Sun Goddess Statue!
- The Sun Goddess Statue is surrounded by:
- A Radiant Merchant, where Radiant Sovereigns can be spent on great rewards!
- A Radiant Dayspring, where amazing new items can be earned with Daily Login tokens!
- Three copies of the new Trovian Atlas (details below)!
- The Trovian Atlas is a new visual representation of all the worlds in Trove, including the Prime Worlds, Drowned Worlds, Cursed Skylands, Igneous Islands, Shores of the Everdark, and the Shadow Tower Foyer. It’s basically an easy-to-use overworlds map that grants access to any world. (Yo block, we heard you like maps, so we put some maps in your map…)
- Simply open the Trovian Atlas, select the desired world, select Enter, and let the adventure begin. (Power Rank requirements still apply!)
- All existing Adventure World portals are still functional. However, going forward, none will be located in the hub. A personal copy of the Trovian Atlas may be obtainable in the future, but for now it only exists in the Hub World.
- Improve or change a stat on a gem using the new Gem Forge!
- The recipe to craft a personal Gem Forge can be found in an Adventurer's Crafting Bench under the “Gem & Gear Improvement” section.
- New crafting materials to support this system have also been added:
- Bound Brilliance, which can be found in Boons or collected from events. (What’s a Boon? See the note on “Daily Reward Chests” below!)
- Binding Darkness, which can be found in Gem Booster Boxes and Empowered Gem Boxes, or can (rarely) be dropped by mini bosses in the open world.
- Four additional recipes have also been added to the Adventurer's Crafting Bench in the “Gems” section:
- Builder's Rough Focus: Can be used at a Gem Forge to improve a gem’s stats. Requires 1 Bound Brilliance, 4 Hearts of Darkness, and 2,000 flux to craft.
- Builder's Precise Focus: Can be used at a Gem Forge to improve a gem’s stats. Requires 1 Bound Brillance, 3,000 water gem dust, 3,000 fire gem dust, 3,000 air gem dust, and 4,000 flux to craft.
- Builder's Superior Focus: Can be used at a Gem Forge to improve a gem’s stats. Requires 1 Bound Brilliance, 30 Diamond Dragonite, 3 Titan Souls, and 150,000 flux to craft.
- Contained Chaos Spark: Can be used to reroll any stat on a gem. (Be aware that gems can’t have both the Physical Damage and Magic Damage stats simultaneously.) Requires 3 Lunar Souls, 4 Binding Darkness, and 2,100 Eyes of Q'bthulhu to craft.
- The Health Regeneration stat will no longer appear on newly obtained gems! Existing gems with Health Regen will continue to function and may be improved with the new system. However, if Health Regen is removed from a gem via rerolling, it can never be replaced. (The Health Regen stat on equipment remains unchanged.)
- Gem Booster Boxes have been rebalanced:
- Binding Darkness has been added to the drop table.
- Gem dust has returned to the drop table.
- The drop rates for Jade Clovers, Glittering Horseshoes, Golden Gem Keys have been reduced.
- These changes were necessary to ensure the drops from Gem Booster boxes support a wider range of players.
- Daily Reward Chests have been rebalanced and are now called Boons of a Celestial Paragon:
- There are 12 boons in total, one for each month of the year.
- They now have a very rare chance to drop the 18-token monthly reward.
- Bound Brilliance has been added to the common drop table.
- The number of Dragon Coins that drop from one roll has been increased. (MOAR RAWR!)
- The number of Jade Clovers that drop from one roll has been decreased.
- These changes raise the overall value of drops from daily chests. Err, Boons. They raise the value of drops from Boons. Because that’s what daily chests are called now.
- Loot collecting leveled gems just got a whole lot better! The amount of Gem Dust obtained from deconstructing a leveled gem has been increased by up to 300% at Level 5, 700-1200% at level 10, up to 2000% at level 15, and up to 1000% at Level 20+. Transitioning from an older gem to a shiny new one will now be MUCH less expensive.
- The new subclass system is unlocked ~automagically~ at level 10!
- Any unlocked class can now be equipped as a subclass using the new 5th ability slot on the Character Sheet.
- Each subclass provides a unique passive ability along with a stat boost! The effectiveness of the passive increases based on the active Power Rank of the subclass, while the stat boost improves based on the level of the subclass.
- An active class may not be designated as its own subclass.
- Subclasses are now also displayed on the “Select a Class” window, along with the class's level and power rank.
- The “Select a Class” window can now be sorted by level, power rank, or availability. Sorting the same category a second time reverses the display order, making it easy to find classes with the lowest level or power rank.
- Each class gives the following bonuses when selected as a subclass:
- Gunslinger: Provides extra jump and increases all damage done to enemies while airborne.
- Neon Ninja: Provides extra jump and grants a chance to deal bonus damage to enemies at less than 20% health.
- Dino Tamer: Provides extra Attack Speed and grants Critical Hits a chance to briefly root targets.
- Lunar Lancer: Provides extra Attack Speed; during combat, grants a chance to briefly transform into a Lunar Luncer and receive some of its power.
- Ice Sage: Provides extra Magic Damage; activates a shield that absorbs incoming damage when successfully attacking foes. The shield is equal to 5% of Max Health.
- Dracolyte: Reduces cooldowns and grants Physical Damage a chance to set enemies on fire.
- Knight: Provides extra flask capacity and increases movement speed while riding ground-based mounts.
- Pirate Captain: Provides extra magic find and has a chance to drop a cannon ball from the sky when damaging enemies.
- Chloromancer: Provides extra Maximum Health; damaging enemies grants a chance to activate thistles and reflect incoming damage.
- Tomb Raiser: Provides extra Critical Hit and has a chance to spawn a random minion from a fallen foe. Only one minion of this type can be active at any given time.
- Revenant: Reduces incoming damage and grants basic attacks a chance to trigger a taunt.
- Shadow Hunter: Provides extra Magic Damage and grants magic attacks a chance to activate Searing Light, which deals damage over time.
- Candy Barbarian: Provides extra Stability and has a chance to drop candy when damaging an enemy. The candy increases attack and either movement speed or healing.
- Fae Trickster: Increases gliding speed and grants Critical Hits a chance to spawn bombs that damage and stun enemies.
- Boomeranger: Increases Critical Damage and spawns a fae companion that provides healing if its master falls to low health.
- Note that the subclass passive for the Dracolyte is designed to support players who primarily play magic damage classes and want to experiment with physical damage classes. The subclass passive for Shadowhunters is designed to do the opposite. These may be swapped if they prove too confusing.
- Players entering the Shadow Tower via the Atlas spawn into the new Shadow Tower Foyer:
- The foyer contains three separate platforms indicating desired difficulty level, allowing players to easily find other adventurers to partner with. The platforms may or may not also provide random pools to fish in.
- Entering the foyer automatically adds players to the "ShadowTower" chat channel. Leaving the foyer automatically removes them.
- Players entering the Shadow Tower via a portal now have the option of entering the tower directly or heading first to the foyer.
- The fearsome Shadow Hydrakken has awakened on the Shadow Tower’s fourth floor! This ancient, multi-headed beast spews vile acid on its foes--talk about morning breath!
- Watch out for parasites!
- Hisssssssssssss. Don't heck with him. 5x Wall Snek.
- The Darknik Dreadnought, Dr. Darknik's latest mechanical machination, now guards the fifth floor of the Shadow Tower. A battle robot bristling with armaments, it’s ready to give Trovian invaders a very, VERY warm welcome!
- You won't like him when he's angry.
- Adventurers wishing to avoid their curtain call had best employ a better defense than Cubic Curtain.
Additional Shadow Tower Updates
- Daughter of the Moon has relocated to her new penthouse on the sixth floor of the Shadow Tower.
- Higher-quality keys can now be used to open Shadow Vaults. Moon Keys can open Normal and Hard Shadow Vaults, while Eclipse Keys can open Normal, Hard, and Ultra Shadow Vaults.
- Titan and Lunar Souls now drop from Shadow Vaults instead of being directly awarded after defeating a Shadow Titan.
- Daughter of the Moon now drops a new resource called Despoiled Divinity in addition to Lunar Souls. One Despoiled Divinity can be earned for each Shadow Tower difficulty, up to a maximum of 3 per week.
- Many new rewards have been added to the Shadowy Market for Hearts of Darkness, Titan Souls, Lunar Souls, and Despoiled Divinity.
- The amount of Flux dropped from Titan's Treasures has been significantly reduced.
- The number of Titan Souls dropped by Shadow Titans has been adjusted as follows:
- Spikewalker Normal/Hard/Ultra: 1/2/3
- Weeping Prophet Normal/Hard/Ultra: 1/2/3
- Vengeful Pinata God Normal/Hard/Ultra: 1/3/5
- Shadow Hydrakken Normal/Hard/Ultra: 1/3/5
- Darknik Dreadnought Mk II Normal/Hard/Ultra: 1/3/5
- Previously, explosions only damaged Shadow Titans if they occurred near the center of the Titan. This bug has been fixed, and explosions now damage Shadow Titans if they hit any part of them.
- Elite enemies can now spawn in the Shadow Tower. Each drops a guaranteed Shadow Shard, with a chance for one extra shard in Hard mode and two extra shards in Ultra.
- An assortment of new enemies have migrated to the Shadow Tower.
- Shields no longer prevent being killed by the Daughter of the Moon's one-shot attack.
- The duration of Faerie Dance staves has been increased to 15s from 10s.
- Faerie Dance staves now use player health and take 75% less damage.
- The attack speed of Faerie Dance staves has been reduced to 1.0 from 1.25.
- Ego Blast now deals 20% more damage.
- An Ego Blast crit is now 51% of base damage.
- Glitterbomb now has a 0.5s stun and deals 33% more damage.
- Glitterbomb no longer knocks back enemies.
- The explosion radius on Glitterbomb has increased to 3.5 from 3.0.
- The Fae Trickster class gem, Faerocious Facsimile, has been temporarily removed from the class gem loot table until it can be improved. Existing copies of Faerocious Facsimile can continue to be used.
- A completely new class gem has been added for Fae Tricksters! This new gem shields Ego Blast for one additional hit before the bonus damage is temporarily removed. It can be found in the Shores of the Everdark with a class gem key. Enjoy!
- The Progression Weekly Deal has been reborn as the Turboriffic Weekly Deal! It now offers 25 Golden Gem keys, 10 Double Experience Potions (2x the previous) and 20 Bound Brilliance! This blockalicious bundle will appear in the Store every four weeks.
- Five new dragons have landed! Recipes for each can be found in the Dragon Crucible, and their egg fragments have been scattered throughout the game.
- Voidwalker Dragon Egg Fragments for Indurion, the Unwavering, can be found in Shadow Caches.
- Iridescent Dragon Egg Fragments for Baesmuth, the Shaper's Gift, can be found randomly while mining.
- Spinner Dragon Egg Fragments for Rachnaphon, the Silent Spectator, can be found as a rare drop from spiders in the Fae Forest biome.
- Floral Dragon Egg Fragments for Petallura, Nature's Beckoning, can be found randomly from planted harvests.
- Preserver Dragon Egg Fragments for Miraldis, the Primordial Preserver, can be found as a rare drop from dinosaurs in the Jurassic Jungle biome.
- Ice Dragon Egg Fragments for Wyntegra, Galenor's Pride, can be found while mining ice shards in the Permafrost biome.
- A new category, Ancestral Dragon, has been added to Collections to break up the large Legendary category and more accurately reflect the different methods of acquisition.
- A special login event just for PTS has begun! Each daily login for the next four days will grant:
- 1 Gem Forge
- 500 Bound Brilliance
- 500 Binding Darkness
- 15 Level 25 XP coins
- 15 Level 20 XP coins
- 1,000,000 Flux
- 9999 Eyes of Q’bthulhu
- 500 Hearts of Darkness
- 500 Diamond Dragonite
- 100 Titan Souls
- 100 Lunar Souls
- 25 Stellar Empowered Gem Boxes
- 100 each of yellow/red/blue Shadow Gem Boxes
- 1,000,000 each of yellow/red/blue gem dust
- 500 Ninth Lives
- 5 Builder's Rough Focus
- 5 Builder's Precise Focus
- 5 Builder's Superior Focus
- 5 Contained Chaos Spark
- Legendary and Primordial Dragons now unlock directly into Collections when crafted.
- Fixed an exploit with the Loot Collected leaderboard.
- The prevalence of the Peaceful Hills biome has been increased in all worlds. Sunlight Bulb harvesters rejoice!
- The spawn rate of Sunflower Shrines in Peaceful Hills biomes has been increased.
- Added a message letting players know they cannot fish without a lure.
- Added the Regal Eagle, Water Goat, and Wolfrik Hat Styles to Stash Exclusives. Get them with Super Style Unlockers!
- They skitter, they squeak, they have cubular feet! Rat mounts have been added to the Adventurer's Crafting Bench. Rat Talismans can be found very rarely in Uber 8 and higher adventure worlds.
- The rewards for completing the Golden Thread have been revamped for new players.
- Three new maps by xandllu (fire and ice, spring bellowing, Valley of Colors) and 2 new maps by Nuxus1 (Hotel, MetalWorld) have been added to the PvP rotation.
- New spear styles by Zayth and Rosain have been added to the game!
- ”Daily Loot Chests” have been renamed “Leaderboard Reward Chests” to reduce confusion, since they are now only available from the XP Weekly Leaderboard.
- The “Show Challenges and Objectives” menu option no longer requires a restart to take effect.
- Fixed the "Any" category in the Marketplace.
- Fixed an issue where some Chaos Chests could not be claimed as currency on sold auctions.
- Fixed a bug where pressing the “locate” button on a crafting item claim directed you to the Adventure Inventory instead of the Crafting Inventory.
- The Trolling Trawler now grants 100 mastery and requires 3 Ancient Scales to craft rather than 200.
- Fixed the gem border for an ability in adventure mode sticking around in build mode.
- The Triumphant Troveblade weapon style, a special blade obtained by purchasing a $100 pack, is now in the "Store" sub-category in Collections/Styles/Melee.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when quitting the client after loading the game for the first time.
- New biome-specific craftable benches have been added to the Builder's Crafting Bench for every biome. The biome-specific recipes previously found in the Workbench have been moved to these individual benches. Generic recipes remain on the original Workbench.
- Unlocking Selene the Celestial via a Golden Dragon Effigy will now grant the Lunar New Year Dragon Spirit Badge.
- Attempting to replace a gem with another gem that won't fit in the socket will now result in the correct error message.
- Removed a duplicate item from the Medieval Highlands recipes.
- Fixed inconsistencies with the item and collection names of the following, per community feedback:
- Shuffling Shrimp Nigiri
- Cygnus_01 Speedcycle
- Snowfest Log
- Trovian Tumbler
- Personal Pop Parade
- Pink Gummy Barbearian
- Blue Gummy Barbearian
- Pink & Blue Gummy Barbearian
- Fixed the Shadow Fridge Bottom referencing an incorrect blueprint. Thanks, Etaew!
- Wings can now be opened with 0 jumps remaining during minigames.
- Improved the report spam feature.
- Fixed Chloromancer heal VFX for seedlings when using a skin.
- Minigame elements no longer appear in PvP maps or incompatible minigame maps.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the currency selection to change unexpectedly when searching the Marketplace.
- The Ice Towers dungeon in the Permafrost biome has been removed to reduce FPS issues.
- To prevent a client crash, the Marketplace can no longer be opened while a dialog popup is visible.
- Scaled down all dragon allies to prevent them from appearing larger than some player characters.
- Dino Tamer minions now show combat numbers.
- When Cursed Skulls are active, they are now transparent and no longer block projectiles.
- The Vial of Unleashed Power now has a 10 second cooldown.
- The client no longer captures the mouse immediately upon starting and waits until the world has loaded.
- Crafting recipes which unlock collections will now display x1 if the collection hasn't been unlocked and x0 if the collection has already been unlocked.
- Fixed the A.M.O.K. Aimbot torso and left shoulder and the Royal Ranger left shoulder.
- Projectiles in the Dracolyte's Burning Ward ability now match the theme of the equipped costume.
- The Neon Ninja Ultimate no longer displays Fae Trickster VFX.
- Fixed the duration of the Reboot Ult VFX to match the duration of the power.
Contribute to the discussion or help improve an article by leaving a comment below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.
Facebook Llama Giveaway
Ends 3 hours from now
Bon Bomba Giveaway
Ends 6 days from now
Streamer Dream Giveaway (August)
Ends 2 weeks from now
Dragon Colouring Contest
Ends 1 week from now
SkyRider Art Contest
Ends 2 weeks from now
Lunar Lancer - Class Art Contest
Ends 2 weeks from now
Portal to Darkness
Ends 4 days from now
Starts 6 days from now
Cerulean Squad Quad Giveaway
Starts 2 weeks from now
Cinnabar Squad Quad Giveaway
Starts 3 weeks from now
Starts 5 days from now
Starts 2 weeks from now
Starts 2 months from now
Starts 3 months from now
Starts 6 months from now
Starts 9 months from now