I've adjusted the way you login to Trovesaurus lately, gone are the Username and Password option, and gone is the social registration and login method. Now we generate links sent to your emails which keep you logged in for 30 days.
What Changed?Top ^
- Login with Username and Password
- Login with Social
- Creation with Social
- Login with Email Address
- Email is sent
- Click link in email
- Are logged in for 30 days
Why did you change it?Top ^
- The login system I used (Janrain) started becoming unreliable
- I couldn't always change the settings for it
- People couldn't always log in using it (notably recent Facebook)
- When asking for permissions it used an old site as identifier (daocdb), which caused confusion.
- Easy to forget the login method and create multiple accounts
What if I didn't have an email address on my account?Top ^
Let me know in Discord or on the forums and if you have a character name set on your account, I'll pop into game to verify you own the account and set the email address for you.
I'm still having problemsTop ^
Let me know, and I can work through the issue with you to try and resolve it.
What are you going to change in future?Top ^
- I'm probably going to do away with "Usernames" and have everything based off your "IGN" (Character Name)
Let me know how you feel about the system in the comments below.
You must be logged in to add a comment.