A while ago the Trove team added support for several languages, although English was the only one fleshed out. I've now written a feature on Trovesaurus that will let you create language mods which override the default English Language. You can use "/stringid 1" in-game to show the language keys of each UI element.
CREATING A LANGUAGE MOD
Step #1: Login
Make sure you are logged in to Trovesaurus, the tools will only appear for you if you are.
Step #2: Visit Trovesaurus Languages page
Step #3: Select a file to modify
"ui" is most likely the best option for you.
Step #4: Edit Values
- Press Edit on the values you want to change, and then press Submit to save them.
Note: Your changes are saved to your user account on Trovesaurus, so you can come back to them anytime to continue editing.
Note: Some UI elements will have width restrictions, so your text might not fit inside a button
Note: The maximum length of a string is 255 characters
Step #5: Generate File
- Press the Download Generated Modified File button to download the .binfab
Step #6: Move File
- You will need to place the file in your Trove Directory/languages/en/override folder
Note: in most cases you will need to create the override folder yourself.
Step #7: Test
- Test your changes out in-game.
- This is a pretty experimental feature, it works in my tests
- Future patches to language files may require you to re-generate downloads
TaliYuri has been translating some of the UI to Brazilian Portuguese using this tool.
Sgoldik has been translating the UI into Russian